Tuesday, December 20, 2016

West Coast Christmas

I finally arrived in Abbotsford this morning, after more than 14 hours on the road.  Normally it's a short 5 hour ordeal, but due to a mechanical problem with the plane at the Saskatoon airport my flight got delayed, impacting every other aspect of my journey westward.

After a 1 hour delay, we left Saskatoon, but upon arriving in Calgary, my flight to Abbotsford had just left.  It was the last flight of the day.

WestJet - to their credit - put me up at the airport hotel.  A nice enough hotel, except I only had 5 hours to sleep, before having to get up and getting onto the plane bound for Abbotsford.

I arrived in Abbotsford around 8am, totally destroyed.  Destroyed - there's a phrase I've taken up from Marco.  Once at mom and dad's I pretty much collapsed on the bed.  Exhausted.

In the evening I went to Vancouver to see some of my soccerino friends: Benja, Sanjit, Anoush, Marilu, and Sonia.  

A good evening of wine and conversation, but I'm coming down with a killer flu or something because I feel horrible.  Sore throat, totally energy-less, lethargic, congested, runny nose, and sneezing.

Someone suggested I make myself a hot toddy - hot water, lemon, and brandy.  I tried it out tonight, we'll see how it goes.

I'll be on the west coast until January 3rd.  Hopefully this cold will come and go.

No comments: