Thursday, July 30, 2015

Hugh In Saskatoon

Hugh has been in Saskatoon the past 3 days.  He's only the second friend to come and visit me since my move here; Sanjit was the first one.  Of course, my bro and his family were here last year, and my parents have come too...

On Tuesday night we went for Indian dinner buffet at Swadesh on 22nd Street.

On Wednesday we went to Capanna Pizzeria.  Here, a waitress blew us away with her friendly and talkative character.



And today we got up early in the morning and drove to Moose Jaw.  I had to do a pre-op there for my cheek surgery early next week, and after that we met up with John and Lamont for lunch at Bobby's.  The original plan was to head to Regina after lunch, but we enjoyed such a good converstaion around the table that we ended up staying in the Jaw until well after 4.  Before heading back home we went to Crescent Park and breathed in some fresh air.  Hugh read a book on the bench, and I took a much-needed nap on the lawn.

Tomorrow Hugh gets on a bus, off to Bruno for a spiritual retreat, and I head the opposite direction, west, to Cypress Hills on a camping trip with Eric.

No comments: