Sunday, September 07, 2014

Fall Is On

I really noticed the change in season today when I went hiking.

Gone are dark, moist browns and lush greens, replaced by dry, dusty yellows and oranges.  As Fall continues to arrive, reds will come too.

Hiking Buffalo Pound today reminded me of the days not so long ago when I lived not too far from the lake, in Moose Jaw.  As we approached the area on highway 2, crossing the Qu'Appele valley, a sense of yearning came through me to go back to the Jaw, but when I thought about the pain I associate with that place, I at the same time had a sense of relief go through me, that I don't live there anymore, and that I didn't have to go back there.

At some point in the not too distant future though, I'd like to return there, to reconnect with friends, particularly Lamont, and possibly some ex-coworkers.


No comments: