Saturday, April 06, 2013

Visiting Francis

One of the things that I think I will like about my new job is travelling.  It's nice to "get away" (escape?) from the known context every now and then, and experience something different.  To be sure, I wont do a lot of traveling, but I imagine 1 or 2 times a year I'll travel out of province, while 3-4 times I'll leave to go to places like Saskatoon or Regina.

Today was one of those days.  I left home around 7, in snowy, wintery conditions, headed for Saskatoon.

I spent the day there in meetings with Francis.  He was a good host.  The main theme of our meeting was orientation around the vision and mission of our organization.  Time well-spent.

We ate ribblings at Tony Roma's for lunch.  It's been a long time since I've eaten at that joint (we used to have one in Vancouver), and I'd forgotten how good the food was there.

At the end of the day I went to the Adidas outlet store and bought myself a soccer jersey.  Then I went downtown for a coffee before heading home.

It was a good day, but I felt a profound sense of desolation during the drive back home.  I'm spending too much time on my own.

No comments: