Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Jen Gone

After about 4 years of being in touch with her virtually everyday, things may change now: Jennifer stepped on a plane this morning, heading on a 6-month world tour.  On this trip she will touch foot on no less than 4 continents: Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America; and along the way, she will see somewhere in the neighbourhood of 10 countries.

Over the past few weeks I've begun lamenting her absence in my life.  As short as 3 or 4 months ago we were still quite close, perhaps too close, too emotionally tied, but in recent weeks I've noticed that she's become increasingly distant.  This hurts, because I haven't moved on yet, and I fear that she has.

I went to the airport with her this morning to see her off.


Safe travels, Jennifer, and may the wind be always at your back.

No comments: