Friday, August 26, 2011

Ralph's Birdhday

Over the past week we've been celebrating Ralph's birthday. First, we celebrated it at GF Strong, where he's undergoing rehab. Then, a few days later, I took the bus out to Abbotsford to celebrate with family there at the hospital.

We are so so thankful for Ralph. It's been a really difficult year, especially for Melanie, Heinz, mom and dad, but I cling to the goodness of life as it is presented to us. Somehow, I believe God is in the midst of Ralph's tragedy. In some mysterious way this is what God thought best for Ralph's salvation, and I have to trust Him. I don't understand it. My mind is too small to grasp it.

Ralph we love you. You're a treasure to us.  Happy 22nd.

Celebrating at the rehab centre:































Celebrating in Abbotsford (incidentally - but not insignificantly - Ralph ate yoghurt and drank Sprite today, while we were eating pizza; it was the first time he "ate" something since January of this year):

No comments: