Saturday, July 30, 2011

First Hurdle .. Cleared

Today was my last class of pastoral training, for the time being.  The last 11 weeks, and in particular, the last 10 days or so, have been super busy, as I've been wrapping up assignments, finishing evaluations, and saying my goodbyes to patients.  But I'm done.  I made it.

These last 11 weeks were the most meaningful weeks I've had in recent years.  In fact, arguably, only my time in the Philippines about 9 years ago did I feel more fulfilled than now.

After we finished a brief ceremony with the staff from the hospital, our class and supervisor went for a celebratory lunch at Doña Cata's.

I hope and trust that I will be accepted into the next unit.  Also, I hope that my classmates will be the same.  I already know that my supervisor wont be.  Change is on the way .. again.

Lord, Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, thank you for being present to me throughout this course.  I thank you and give you praise.  I leave my future in your safe hands.  Have mercy on me, a sinner.

No comments: