Friday, December 31, 2010

Application For A Change

Almost a year (to the day!) after complaining about my job, I applied for a change today: I applied for acceptance into the CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education) program at VGH.

It's been an interesting journey the past few months, actually. After returning from my World Tour earlier this year (see articles from late May to mid-July), I felt that a vocational change was in the works.

I looked at moving to the Okanagan and starting a Christian retreat centre there, but that didn't pan out, I just didn't have peace about it. The all-important factor that ultimately hindered a move in that direction was the lack of a partner. Not (necessarily) a marriage partner, but a partner to help see the thing through. For whatever reason, I seem to be unable to put an idea into action on my own, above all if the idea requires creativity and risk.

Anyways, starting today, I may be onto a new trajectory, yet again.

No comments: